Frequently asked questions
1. At what age can I rent a car by Via Venetia?
If you are 21 years or older and you hold a driver’s license for two years, you can rent class A,B and C cars. To rent cars of the rest of the classes, you must be over 25 years old or older and hold a driver’s license for three years.
2.What documents do I need to rent a car by Via Venetia?
You will need the following:
- A valid ID or passport
- A valid Greek driver’s license according to the above if you are Greek
- A valid European driver’s license according to the above, if you are a European citizen
- A valid international driver’s license and a valid driver’s license from your country according to the above, if you are a citizen of any other country.
3. Do I need a credit card to rent a car by Via Venetia?
Not necessarily. You may pay by deposit to our bank account or with cash in euro in our office.
If you own a card, this should be a credit card or debit card (Visa, Mastercard )to pay for the rental. But to charge the guarantee amount , you must in any case have a credit card.
If you do not have a credit card, you should pay the guarantee amount in cash.
4. How can I make a reservation at Via Venetia?
That’s very easy. Please send us your request by email and we will reply as soon as possible.
5. Can I rent a particular model at Via Venetia?
You can rent a car class, based on the model you have seen.
If the model you have seen is by any change available, then we would be glad to provide it to you.
6. Can I cancel a reservation and if so, will there be any cancellation costs?
Of course you can cancel a reservation and there will be no cost for that, should you let us know in time and certainly according the time limits we set for each period.
15 days prior to the first day of rental for high season
10 days prior to the first day of rental for middle season
5 Days prior to the first day of rental for low season
Should you fail to conform with the above time limits, we will unfortunately have to withhold your deposit.
7. How do we meet at my place of arrival?
We will be waiting for you at the agreed place and time.
For example holding a sign with your name on it at the arrivals area of the airport.
8. Will my reservation be cancelled if I arrive late at our meeting point?
No. We are always informed on any flight and ship delays, in our attempt to properly adjust to our time of meeting.
You should of course contact us yourself by email or telephone to confirm your delay.
9. What should I do in the event of breakdown, or an accident?
In case of a breakdown, please contact us at the phone numbers given to you. In case of an accident, you should first call the Police and then us right away.
We would be glad to reply to any other question you may have at the